A number of people find gifting on any occasion burdensome. First, they are clueless about what to gift, then if they decide on something, they don’t know if it will be so appreciated. In the end, the gift usually ends up being an amount of cash! But, a more developed, safe & convenient gift can be the Visa Gift Card!
As opposed to cash, gift cards show that you have put in some thought & effort in gifting. This, without actually being worried about whether the receiver will appreciate the gift or not, as you give a certain monetary power to him/her to purchase what the heart desires. Visa cards are purchased by people who want flexibility while making choices between how and when to redeem the gift card. Places like stores and restaurants gift closed-loop cards, which can only be used at the issuing merchants. Hence, the person who gives a gift card will have to make sure that they choose a location that is easier for the recipient to make a purchase.
Many people like to have prepaid Visa gift cards available when they travel or shop as well. However, there are both pros and cons to using Visa gift cards.
Pros Of Visa Prepaid Gift Card
1. Not only for gifting purposes, but visa cards can also be utilized for practical use such as, if you want to co-pay on your next doctor’s visit or pay any utility bills, then visa cards can be beneficial.
2. Freedom to choose: With the entire world available online, Visa Gift Cards give the receiver the freedom to choose whatever they want from a retail store or online.
3. Safety: Visa Gift Cards work like a debit card and are safe as they can be frozen in case of loss or theft, without losing the money in it.
4. Easy Access: They are prepaid cards that simply have to be swiped by the receiver to make electronic payments!
Cons of Visa Prepaid Gift Card
1. Once you use up a prepaid gift card it’s gone, and you can’t add more money. The lack of reuse leads a lot of people toward reloadable prepaid cards instead.
2. They can only be used at the walk-in or online store of issuing retailers.
3. Prepaid Visa gift cards usually have an activation fee, ATM fees, and other charges. So much of the money you load on the card may get used up through bank fees as a result. If possible, the best bet is to get a card with minimal charge and without an activation fee. Many a times, the money you load on your visa card may get used up through bank fees as a result.
No doubts, Prepaid Visa gift cards serve as a nice and thoughtful gift for people who fancy personal shopping, live far away, or is hard to buy for. It is also a flexible way to pay for items you need while concealing your bank account or personal identity. However, this card can only be loaded once, and that’s that. Besides, there are many charges on this gift card. All in all, the choice dwells on you.